If you are missing out on complete upper teeth and you have been told that you are not a great candidate for dental implants due to the high degree of bone degeneration, do not worry much. There are still long-term options like zygomatic implants.
In the past, patients with substantial bone loss in the top jaw put on implant dentures which can be fixed to the upper jawbone making use of titanium implants.
However, sometimes there is severe bone traction in the upper jaw (or maxilla), giving inadequate anchorage for the prosthesis. In such situations, a bone graft surgical procedure is carried out. In this surgery, some bone is taken from the client’s own hip area and grafted to the jaw bone. After about 6 months of recovery, the denture is implanted right into the person’s top jaw.
Currently, there is a cutting-edge ZAGA Concept that eliminates the need for hipbone grafting or sinus enhancement. Zygoma implants or zygomatic dental implant surgical procedure involves very little surgeries at reduced treatment time, without the demand for painful grafting.
Created by Prof. Branemark & Nobel Biocare, this graft-less technique, likewise called the Zygoma technique is utilized where jaws lack the needed elevation and/or width to support implants.
Unlike the standard implants, Zygoma implants are attached directly to the body of the cheekbones, medically described as Zygoma. Reach out to one of the best ZAGA Centers in your city to get the treatment today!
Who Needs Zygoma Implants?
Zygoma implants are appropriate for anybody with missing or loose teeth and serious bone resorption in the maxilla. People of every age, other than children, can take advantage of this technique. This procedure cannot be done on patients with sinus troubles.
The procedure is performed by well-qualified and trained experts who have taken a proper Zygomatic implant course. The Zygoma oral implant treatment is performed in 3 steps in simply one basic dental journey.
- Diagnosis of the resorbed frontal alveolar bone of the top jaw, X-rays and necessary checkup
- Tooth extraction (if required).
- Dental implant post-placement
- The positioning of prosthetics on the very same day the implants are positioned.
Advantages of Zygomatic Implants
- You obtain a repaired row of functioning prosthetic teeth within 72 hrs in contrast to the traditional dental implant strategies that use up to 6 months.
- Zygoma dental implant presents a graft-less remedy, staying clear of using bone grafts from other parts of the body.
- They are longer than regular oral implants.
- Zygoma implants are placed in one surgery under basic anesthesia, providing people a much less excruciating experience.
- With the short duration of the treatment, the person experiences considerably less pain.
- With this strategy, you get prompt self-confidence boost with natural-looking teeth.
- The brand-new fabricated collection of fixed teeth permits you to smile with self-confidence.
- The primary advantage is that the success price for zygoma implants is 100%.
Dr. Aparicio at the best Zaga Centers offers comprehensive information about treatment & care to patients suffering from severe maxillary atrophy. We are a global network of dental professionals around the globe working towards providing a beautiful & healthy smile.